As part of the 2017 Bond Program, Casis Elementary School received a fully modernized campus that opened to students in Fall 2022.
The new building incorporates sustainable design features and modern learning spaces that honor the school’s history and community including:
- Flexible furniture and collaborative spaces for students and teachers
- A connected cafeteria and gym
- A library complete with a reading den
- A community room that is available to the public
- Native and adapted landscaping
- Water-saving fixtures
- Outdoor learning spaces
The big picture: The modernization of Casis increased its capacity to 870 students and serves as an exemplary model of how modernized campuses can improve the students’ learning environment.
Go deeper: Read more about the Casis grand opening last Fall here.