The Austin ISD 2017 Bond was designed to modernize or construct 17 new campus facilities, some of which will be replacement schools. This bond is an investment in AISD facilities, teachers and staff, and our students. Student success is the ultimate goal and our driving force. This page is a dedicated resource for information about all modernization projects. To learn more about the modernization planned for a specific campus, click the respective link below. You can also click here to view a detailed list of work proposed at each campus (PDF).
The 2017 bond is an investment in AISD facilities, teachers and staff, and our students. Student success is the ultimate goal and our driving force. While the 2017 bond only addresses the first phase of school modernization projects as outlined in the Facility Master Plan (FMP), every school benefits. Districtwide improvements included in the 2017 Bond Program include:
- Districtwide technology upgrades including teacher computers, student mobile computers, presentation systems, computer lab improvements and network system improvements;
- Transportation upgrades including 190 replacement buses, 30 additional buses and an automated fleet system;
- Purpose-built facility for Rosedale to serve the District’s most medically-fragile students;
- Central athletic facility upgrades including an improved press box, concessions and restrooms at House Park;
- Theater rigging repairs for fine arts facilities at Covington MS, Crockett HS, Reagan ECHS, Kealing MS, Akins HS, Anderson HS, Fulmore MS, Austin HS, Mendez MS;
- Life safety assets such as updated fire alarms, special education cameras, replacement of outdated security cameras and school security system updates;
- Police equipment such as radio upgrades, a dispatch console, record management system and server upgrade; and,
- Critical deficiency projects related to maintaining the physical condition and operation of existing facilities.
Targeted projects in the 2017 Bond address critical facility improvements needed at a school prior to its full modernization as scheduled in the Facility Master Plan. These projects may address roofing, air conditioning, life safety concerns, theater rigging repairs and other needs that support our students’ success.
Targeted projects include:
- Fine Arts renovations for Art, Music, Theater, and Dance at Covington Middle School
- Fine Arts renovations for Art, Music, Theater, and Dance at Lamar Middle School
- New addition for Fine Arts and Dance at McCallum High School
- New addition for Athletic program improvements and renovation for core academics (Special Ed, Life Skills, Fine Arts, CTE) at Austin High School
- Careers in Health Sciences program launch in partnership with Seton at LBJ ECHS
- Careers in Technology program launch in partnership with Dell at Reagan ECHS