One of the key projects included in the voter-approved Austin ISD 2017 Bond Program is a full modernization for Eastside Memorial Early College High School and International High School. AISD will build a modernized facility to serve both schools at the Original L.C. Anderson campus while honoring the legacy of the Original L.C. Anderson community.
Perkins+Will and Cadence McShane Construction have been contracted by the district for this project, and a Campus Architectural Team, made up of members of your school community, has been meeting regularly with the project team since June to provide input as we seek to create an environment for 21st century learning.
The CAT includes:
- Miguel Garcia, Principal of Eastside Memorial ECHS
- Leticia Vega, Principal at International HS
- Yesica Diaz, EMHS ECHS Coordinator
- Eric Ramos, Martin Middle School Faculty
- Megan Buchanan, Eastside Memorial ECHS Faculty and Parent
- Sanford Jeames, Eastside Memorial ECHS Faculty
- Sean Storrud, International HS Faculty
- Donna Drake, Eastside Memorial ECHS Campus Partner
- Ofelia Zapata, PTSA President and Grandmother
- Emily Sawyer, Vertical Team Parent
- Michael Barron, Parent and Johnston Alumna
- Vincent Tovar, Vertical Team Parent
- Barbara Spears Corbett, Original L.C. Anderson HS Alumna
- Linda Moore, Original L.C. Anderson HS Alumna
- Pamela McCullough, Original L.C. Anderson HS Alumna
As part of the district’s commitment to communicate the progress of the bond to the community, we want to be sure you are aware of opportunities for public engagement around key project milestones.
CAT meetings are taking place throughout the summer as the team works through the initial phases of planning and design. There will be a community engagement opportunity at the end of this phase, which has not yet been scheduled.
For the most up-to-date information on the Eastside Memorial ECHS and International HS modernization project, including project events and key dates, please visit www.AustinISD2017Bond.org/Eastside-Memorial-ECHS.
Thanks to everyone who joined our Destination Eastside event in May!
If you have any questions about the 2017 Bond Program, please reach out to the bond communications team at 512-414-9595 or email@example.com.