As we approach the anniversary of our groundbreaking, we wanted to share a construction update on the modernization of Hill Elementary. Since May 2020, significant progress has been made on site, and the project is on track to open for the fall 2021 semester.
As part of the 2017 Bond Program, the Hillcampus will receive the first phase of a planned modernization to increase campus capacity to 870 students, providing new opportunities for flexible and outdoor learning. The project includes a new building addition as well as a new bus loop, parking, and site and playground improvements. Along with the district, the project team includes Parkhill Architects and Bartlett Cocke General Contractors.
- Complete fire systems check
- Complete drywall installation
- Ongoing stone and cement installation
- Ongoing groundwork and excavation for walkway awnings
- Ongoing interior work, including work on the ceilings, windows and painting